Forum home Garden design

Looking to start a business and need advice

Hi folks

I'm looking for advice on starting a gardening business, I have some ideas on what I would love to incorporate but was looking for other ideas from people either businesses or individuals on here.

basically to cover the winter period etc

I live in Lincolnshire so I will not go outside of the county so don't panic I wont take any business

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,934

Which part of Lincs? - I know someone who was trying to find a jobbing gardener earlier this year.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I was made redundant and have sent out almost 400 job applications and have had only had 4 replies so I've decided to do something I like doing.

i live 6 miles outside Lincoln itself

Good luck Nick - rotten luck on being made redundant - been there, done that - a change of direction worked for me image

Lincoln is probably too far north for you to travel to the Peterborough area just for one customer, but wishing you well.  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you

was just looking for more ideas on what I could do

There's a bit of a resurgence in proper hedge-laying.  Could you afford to do a short course in learning how to do it properly - I think there's a bit of a demand across the country, especially in stock-keeping areas. 

• What planting hedges?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,626

No, fancy stuff. Look at these

http://www.hedgelaying.org.uk/styles.htm

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • I get it thank you sorry for being abit thick ????

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,626

They look lovely when they are newly laid. image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Thank you for that I'll have a proper read of it in the morning