Forum home Tools and techniques

Gardening gloves and sweaty hands

• KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,518

'Pottering...'  my comments weren't pointed at you.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,086
    Welshonion wrote (see)
    Sorry Dove, I stand corrected.

Thanks WO, but it's not me that deserves the apology ..................

I know we get some annoying so and so's on here from time to time, and sometimes we're tired and tetchy and not as patient as we might be, but I think it's good to give people the benefit of the doubt ................. unless they're sneaky spammers of course image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• It's a strange world we live in where someone can ask a question and, because they don't like the answer, can go into a rant and 'kick the ball over the wall', then, get all the sympathy.

Of the fifty or so reply's only one or two have suggested an alternative type of glove. The rest have either suggested ways of drying his current gloves, in my view the obvious thing to do, or 'had a pop' at other posters.

I don't think Welshonion owes him an apology. He did lose his rag very quickly and in my opinion disproportionately. We are all subjected to a bit of sarcasm from time to time but, not everyone throws the ball away!

Mowerman wasn't asking for advice as such, he was asking others to do his research for him, as he was in the thread he started about lawnmowers. 

• After removing 2 huge rambling roses from a garden yesterday that had climbed about 35 feet into surrounding oak and ash trees I can only recommend chain mail! Seriously tho I tend too use heavy duty builders gloves during the winter and these cope well with brambles, you tend too find a balance with the pressure you apply once getting stabbed a few times! 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,261

Sometimes the written word his its limitations .

Being face to face with someone and using the same words can give a whole different meaning.

I think it's fair to say nobody MEANT to cause any offense, and perhaps if any was taken, that too might be forgiven?

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,845

That would be good Hostafan. image

• Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 393 admin

Hello everyone,

Cathy43 is quite right to point out that "there are no such thing as stupid questions, only questions we don't know the answer to yet and the only way to find the answer is to ask."

It's important that everybody feels comfortable posting a question here, particularly if they're new to gardening, without fear of ridicule. We all have to start somewhere! image

Daniel Haynes
    Editor, gardenersworld.com

• Of course it's okay to react to a comment, that is, after all, what a forum is about. However, to react disproportionately and then 'vanish' is both childish and rude to the other people who have offered advice. We are not 'kiddies' blubbing because someone said something nasty. If someone upsets you, you ignore them. You don't run off and sit in a corner to sulk and ignore everyone else too.

I agree there is no such thing as a stupid question but, there is such a thing as a stupid reaction to a comment you don't like.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,086

please folks image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.