Forum home Tools and techniques

Gardening gloves and sweaty hands

• true lets hope he hasn't been put off the forum altogether !

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    Sorry Dove, I stand corrected.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,043

Oh what a shame jo. Hope he looks in and reads the rest of the comments.

If you do look in Mowerman, don't take any notice, most of us are a very friendly bunch image

• KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,531

I just use good leather gloves for most gardening jobs and they are also pretty thorn resistant.  As they are breathable I don't get any problem with them getting wet and sweaty inside.  If they do get wet on the outside I just leave them either in the window of the shed or under the car port.  They get the sun in either location and are nicely dried for when I next need them.

I have a lot of sympathy for Mowerman as I have also discovered some people here very ready to pick fights for no good reason.  Suggestion, if you have something useful, or helpful, to say then say it, otherwise button it!

• If anyone is suggesting I was out to pick a fight with the original poster then you are very much mistaken. I did ask whether it was a genuine question and gave two lots of advice. Northern Lass 2 only said what, I suspect, a lot of people were thinking.

As for picking a fight for no good reason, I think telling people to button it would be a good start!

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

I wasn't thinking what you and Northern Lass 2 were thinking Potteringabout but then I'm a simple soul.  He was asking about thornproof gloves, not asking how he could get his gloves dry.

My mantra is make sure you understand the question and think before you press the 'submit reply' button.

I wasn't thinking it either, can't see why there was any need for sarcasm or harsh comments. But maybe that's just me. 

Things are only easy if you know the answer. 

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

There are no such thing as stupid questions, only questions we don't know the answer to yet and the only way to find the answer is to ask........ Its only stupid not to ask.....

I grew up with my mother repeating this often. It's a pretty good way of thinking image

image Cathy

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Cathy, I agree; it is stupid NOT to ask a question when we are surrounded by people with experience and knowledge.

I do hope Mowerman has not been put off the forum.