Forum home Tools and techniques

Gardening gloves and sweaty hands

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    Yes, but he lost his rag very quickly. Perhaps he was tired after all his bramble cutting!
  • I use Showa 310 Green grip or 350.  They are breathable,  pliable and give good protection. 

• the idea of wearing white gloves inside other ones is a good one, they can go straight into the washing machine and its these that will be smelly, I do this and you can get them cheap from places like wilko.

I buy packs of 2 or 3 gardening gloves when theyre on sale, and wash them till they fall apart,leave them on the radiator to dry even if its summer, mine dry.

don't loose heart mowerman! sometimes people can get a bit sarcastic wonder why they bother to comment if its going to be negative!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,087
    Welshonion wrote (see)
    You really have to wonder about guys who join the board; pick a fight and stomp off on their first thread!

Hmm image bit unfair WO - Mowerman has been here a few weeks now, started 5 threads and made 23 posts.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

I have a couple of pairs of leather gloves and wash them in the sink like washing hands except with gloves on, then leave them on the floor in front of the oven to dry and use the other pair until they are dry (about a day). I had never thought of wearing two pairs, good idea, I have a rugosa hedge and when it needs pruned I would love full body armour!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,043

I think Mowerman had a few harsh replies which were totally unnecessary.  He did say he wasn't going to comment on this thread again.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,261

I hope he's reading to see he's missed and not being made the butt of any joke.

Devon.
  • cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

Absolutely, I'd never thought of two pairs before image

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,043

So do I jo, it was a genuine question.  Some of the comments could put anyone off.