The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Gardening gloves and sweaty hands

Because I often have a lot of brambles to clear I use some strong thorn-resistant gloves inside a pair of standard gardening gloves. With this combination I can get a good grip on any brambles without getting spiked.

However, my hands naturally get very sweaty and whenever I go to put the gloves on the next day they are always very damp inside (short of using a hairdryer I can't think of a way to dry them inside).

What's the solution? Are there any really strong but breathable gloves out there which will resist the most intrusive bramble thorns?

• Hang them on the washing line or stick them in the airing cupboard overnight.

• Thanks for the suggestions. The washing line would work if I didn't live in a coastal area that is subject to drizzle and overnight mists and heavy dews. image

As for the airing cupboard - I fear that my gloves would stink it out somewhat! image

• Wash them then!

• PotteringaboutPotteringabout Posts: 162

Sorry but, is this a serious question? If it is, just wash them through, turn them inside out and leave them overnight to dry. Before you put them on next time, sprinkle a little talc inside.

• I'm thinking that the next question will be "How do I tie my boot laces?" image

• PotteringaboutPotteringabout Posts: 162

• If all I'm going to get is sarky comments I guess I'll just unfollow this thread.

And for those of you who think it "clever" to make such comments, please re-read my initial post, particularly:

"Are there any really strong but breathable gloves out there which will resist the most intrusive bramble thorns?"

Oh, and well done NorthernLass2 - with comments like yours I'm sure that you'll put people off asking questions. What a little star you are! Do you get a kick out of trying to make somebody look foolish?

Thread unfollowed, don't bother to reply or PM me.

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

MowerMan, I would invest in another pair of gloves and wear them alternate days image

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 11,543

Northern lass do you mean to be that harsh, just read a comment from you on another thread.

• Oh, and just one more comment for NorthernLass2 - it's attitudes like yours that really encourage new gardeners ............... (sarcasm)