Offers

Have you seen the free offer in the mail for 24 begonias and 10 packets of seeds for postage only ive ordered mine 

• So have I, joyce. It'll be interesting to see what quality of begonias arrive.

• jatnikapyarjatnikapyar Posts: 421

Good luck.........the offer suppliers are T&M !!image

• Usually are, JNKP,  and I agree, a certain amount of luck is required. image There's an offer of 3 different miniature buddleias in Yours mag. That's T and M too. They are 5 cm plants, claimed to be worth 29.97 each!!!!! image  You just have to weigh up each offer and see of it is worth the postage, in this case £5.60. Buddleias grow fast, so I will prob get some, since you have to have an original one before you can take cuttings yourself.

• LynLyn Posts: 8,372
    Ask around GG or put your request on the seed swap, buddleias grow wild , they seed themselves everywhere, I am sure someone can supply some bigger plants than 2inches for less than 5.60
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • jatnikapyarjatnikapyar Posts: 421

OMG......GG, I wouldn't pay tuppence for them. As Lyn says, they grow wild and I have plants (larger than 2") which you are welcome to.I have 4 colours and you can keep them small by pruning them , which makes them bushy and you get more flowers for the birds and bees. If you live in Surrey, give us a shout.image

• franco6832franco6832 Posts: 105

T&M are cheap, but their packaging is not so good. They send their plants thru royal mail as such the plants are not handled with care. i got some plug plants of mixed perennials today, some of them had no soil at all on the roots due to mishandling and there was no labeling of any kind. i am waiting for the plugs to get a bit bigger so i can take photos and ask for some help to identify the plants.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 2,929

Sounds a good offer but with all the seeds I've sown this year and plants over wintered there wouldn't be room for 24 begonias.

I'd be inclined to purchase one or two good sized plants.  

• discodavediscodave Posts: 510

Whilst I can understand that there are some doubts about mail order plants. I have recently recieved 90 plants from T&M and every one was packaged really well and in good condition when they arrived. All healthy with good roots. I still have some more to come but considering I didnt pay a penny for the plants I can't complain. I have to agree that some of thier plants are overpriced (like the buddleija GG mentioned). But they are selling 9 jumbo plugs for £29.99. http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/flower-plants/perennial-and-biennial-plants/buddleja-buzz-collection/p90090TM

• to be honest unless u are ordering something really specific why not  support ur local garden centre??