Anyone used woodblocx

www.woodblocx.co.uk Really like the look of this , neater than railway sleepers & not so hard as block work , claims that they last 15-20 years & the reviews seem good . I have a corner to tidy up & one of there designs would work well & im thinking of adding a small retaining wall along the length of my garden fence to hide the eyesore that are concrete gravel boards . Anyone used these & if so any good ?

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,721
    I have just watched the video and very impressed.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 746

I have my eye on these as well to put in a raised water feature as an earth retainer at the bottom of my sloping vegetable plot. Would love to hear from anyone who's used them before.

• I have three raised beds from them. They are pretty easy to assemble, only bit I found hard was that my ground wasn't very level. I also found them helpful when I had to call them to ask something.

• Tiny01Tiny01 Posts: 62

Thanks .. i think i'm going to try one of there curved corner kits to try & brighten up a dull shady corner we have

Will be using this kit ...

https://www.woodblocx.co.uk/box-curved-corner-1512x1512x350

Will remove the block paving raised bed & level out , so when finished bed (350mm high ) It will cover the un sightly gravel boards

• Very nice. Do push your luck for free delivery as they do it as an offer sometimes!

Called today & tried to blag the free delivery but not having any of it unless i ordered 2 corners & then i'd get free delivery on the 2nd one lol !

Proably will order another but will see how this one works out first , not cheap @ £331 delivered but will do just what i want it to do in this corner image 

• dominomandominoman Posts: 150

They look nice but at that price you could build a lovely rendered wall.  A few breeze blocks cemented together, and then a layer of painted cement render over the top.  Easy to do for a DIYer and would look far more permanent and impressive than these imho.

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,721
    I think it will look pretty good Tiny. Photo please when it is done!
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

dominoman - yes I did think about a brick / block work construction with a rendered face but it's not really within the keeping of my garden & the look that I'm trying to achieve . I have 2 log cabins & 1 large wooden arbour adjacent so like to try & keep everything in wood if I can , with that suggestion as well it would need a coping & I'd think it would look to heavy / commercial imho , would of been easy for me as in the construction industry , not cheap I agree but think it will look good when done . 

Hogweed - yes photos will be posted once done , nothing much has changed currently just taken the block paving raised bed down & marken out the position that it will go , I'm going to concrete a small plinth around the edges where the blocks will sit level with the existing concrete path , this when finished will cover the concrete gravel boards that I can't stand lol ! 

Next ill ill be asking what plants to add to it , it's a 100% shaded area I want it to have a woodland theme to it with maybe firns planted in it with soil / compost & bark chippings on top image 

Had a bit of a clearing & started to form the shape image