Polemonium Caeruleum

Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

I bought one of these at my garden centre today because it looked nice on the label, but I really have no idea what conditions it needs and how to grow it :/

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,250

Doesn't like it too dry put puts up with most else. Seeds about well 

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

Thankyou nutcutlet, do you know how big it grows? image

In my garden (too dry really) about 18" to 2'. I think they might be capable of more than that in good soil. It doesn't last here but I've always got a few new seeded ones coming on. 

Does it get many plants around it, as I was aiming for a wildlife garden?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33037982@N04/5843417643/

Thought you might mean bees so googled and found this. In your bee enquiries has anyone mentioned the biennial Eryngium giganteum? That's my top bee plant here.

Oh god yes I did mean bees haha, I'm browsing plants on ebay at the moment too so bit of a distraction image  Thankyou for the link, just about to check it out and no I havent heard of Eryngium Giganteum..Is it easy to grow and do you know how? 

Thanks for that Verdun, I will definitely look into getting seeds straight away, how did you grow it?

And do you think I should've got more than one polenomium? 

Okay thats a good idea, do you know when it flowers? And I'll just buy a plant too and I expect you can save seeds from eryngium cant you?