Help needed: Trying to identify a flower

Unfortunately, some over exuberant watering has killed a plant that formed the focal point of our team's desk. I am asking for any help in identifying the plant in question, any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to get a replacement of the same type yet have had no success in tracking one down.

Any information would be incredible (photos attached below).

Thanks,

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

Cyclamenimage

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,820

Cyclamen. Water from the bottom, not the top and let the comost get dry before you re-water. image

A cyclamen will lose its leaves and look dead after flowering

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,823

And to make it easier to find one, it is Cyclamen persicum too.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

I would place the pot in a slightly larger container, so you can give it a decent amount of water each time, water it with 'Baby Bio' in the water (that is a plant food for indoor plants). When a flower dies back, cut it off. The flowering period for indoor cyclamens is almost over. You could then pot it into a slightly larger pot, give it a little water each week through the summer then in the autumn start feeding it again for the the winter flowering season. Good luck with it, I have kept these indoor plants going for 6 or more years with a bit of TLCimage

Whoops, have realised I didn't read all of your post; you may have a problem getting a replacement indoor cyclamen at this time of the year; you may have to wait until late summer.

• That was incredible!

Thank you so much for your response. It looks like we're going to have a number of Cyclamen persicum joining our team soonimage

• And here's one I made earlier! 

Not the same thing but the same Genus

And it's still flowering it's sock's off! image

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,823

That is still a Cyclamen persicum. They do come in various colours from whote to deep red and in various sizes from tiny to big and with different leaf markings. They are still persicums though.

There are other species and forms too I should add.

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 391

Cyclamen are lovely, so delicate arent they? They grow under my wild cherry tree and I currently have two but want to get more...