Forum home The potting shed

Love your garden

Loving today's episode so far and they haven't even got to the plants

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,760

I've given up on it.

The series seems to be about sob stories, and stage set makeovers and masses of ( very expensive ) product placement.

Devon.
  • This week is a pair of OAPs who used to love their garden before the health problems associated with getting old.

I have never seen anyone so happy to see Alan Titchmarsh.

• Abby2Abby2 Posts: 101

I like the fact that it is generally small(er) gardens with specific issues to solve e.g. slopes or privacy. I've enjoyed the series - any gardening programmes are good IMHO and I usually end up shedding a tear or two at the back stories! But then I did like Ground Force back in the day image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,760

but it's not " gardening" is it?

Devon.
  • WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

I agree with everything you say Hosta , but I am still watching because it's got plants image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,819
    Hostafan1 wrote (see)

but it's not " gardening" is it?

More like Set Design ... image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I'm a sucker for sob stories. This was such a nice episode and the ladies got a garden then could both really enjoy.

I agree it's not really gardening but I like watching Alan Titchmarsh and I enjoy seeing the transformations.

Even better is the Big Dreams, Small Spaces show with Monty Don. I always learn something from that and it's not normally as theatrical although I wasn't bowled over with last week's episode which had a hot potch seaside theme and moss covered model street of wooden houses.