Forum home Talkback

Moving Rowan

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I'd do it in aurumn. It's agood time for moving things and easier to dig holes. I would loosen the roots, and at that height, probably stake it. image

Might bung in a bit of bonemeal Or blood sweat and tears, maybe some of that mycorrhizal fungi. But it's more likely that I wouldn't.image

I'm not a proper gardener joimage

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

I had to do this a few years ago, to be honest without much careimage I dug a hole half as much again as the pot and mixed a whole bag of GC manure in with the bottom soil and back fill and planted with a stake as we are on top of a hill and made sure it didn't dry out  for the first year, not difficult in Ireland! Oh, all in autumn.

My solution for everything tends to be manue image Hope this helps

Some witches are OK joimage but you do ned to be careful

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,868

I never fuss over container grown plants. Just dig a hole and throw them in......anytime of year apart from dead of winter. Everything gets fed in the spring.

But don't over-coddle jo. More plants have been killed by to much food/water/ and general interference than by neglect. Just make sure it doesn't dry out over the next year but don't drown itimage

When it rains and the ground doesn't dry out between rainsimage

It doesn't matter about leaf fall with a containerised plant

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,668
    jo47 wrote (see)

Ohhhhh...........when does Autumn start ? image

When we come back from our holidays, late September, and not a minute before!!! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I believe autumn starts when the central heating starts to come on automatically!! Having said that it came on last week!!!????????