Forum home Problem solving

Fungal infection?

Please help  Firstly I think this is a geranium as it was a cutting from my mum's garden and I am a complete novice.  Apologies if it is not. 

The weather has been awful this Summer so far. A few nice days but lots of rain...(it hasn't stopped drizzling since Saturday!) 

I recently posted about my first time tomato plants and possible early blight and have been using an organic spray and removing any leaves that are infected. Fruit and new leaves continue to grow on it so I have been persevering. 

Now about 3 metres away my (geraniums?) have started to look a bit dodgy also When they were doing so well and have already bloomed this year. 

Here  is a picture..

Could this be due to the bad weather? Could it be spread from the tomato plants?!? 

I really don't know if this will spread, what it is and how to fix it. 

Any advice is most grateful. 

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Seb you are right about it being a geraniumimage.  I can't tell you which variety though.  It looks as though it has already  flowered and is now setting seed.  Some varieties can be cut back and will flower again.  The plant can be divided in autumn or spring to make more (if you want more).

I can't see anything to worry aboutimage.

• SebSeb Posts: 14

Thanks Lesley

i was just worried about the leave markings and wondered if that was normal or another infection? 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 66,312

Just the signs of old age - geranium leaves age a bit quicker than we do thankfully.  Cut the leaves (and seedheads) back and it'll grow fresh new ones and possibly flower again image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Listen to Dove, Seb, she's right far more often than not! I cut my geraniums hard back after flowering every year and I'm always rewarded with healthy new growth and a second 'flush' of flowers. Happy gardening! image