Forum home Talkback

Last night's Gardeners' World - Elizabeth.

Just watching last night's show, feeling very humbled by Elizabeth.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

was I the only person who wept watching her?

Devon.
  • I had a lump in my throat...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,668

Didn't weep - somehow she was too positive and got too much enjoyment from her garden for me to feel sad - but amazed and as Steve said, humbled.  How can anything every be too difficult or too much of a pain for me to do ever again?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• I agree with the above.....yes, very humbling to witness such positivity and ability to overcome adversity without complaint.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

She's a truly remarkable woman.  The way she repeated "I love my garden" showed how much pleasure she gets from it despite her difficulties. 

• Elizabeth was bloomin awesome! I loved how she has a really strong connection with the plants and that she uses different senses, maybe because of her restrictions.. For example the cucumber leaves 'feeling a bit thin', and therefore needing water. I would love to see her featured again, GW, I think we could all learn a lot from Elizabeth!
  • FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 256

SWMBO had a cry, as others I thought she was great the way she got on and enjoyed her garden. Very humbling.

• I did comment earlier, but I would just like to add, well done to GW for featuring this awesome lady.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree about Elizabeth image

she`s such an inspiration & it just goes to show that you can garden no matter what

I felt humbled many times & still do now

& her garden is wonderful.