Forum home Talkback

How special we are to share our planet with plants!

DachaloverDachalover Posts: 776

So whilst visiting Manchester I was in Tescos Altrincham earlier this year and bought a small packet of seeds .....in the "for sale" bin ....one pound fifty I think.

It was labeled "meadow plants " so brought it back to Moscow and just spread it around a spare patch......

for all you uber gardeners  I apologise for the simplicity of this....but my wife and my MIL have never seen any of these beautiful plants before , so if you can help us to identify them we would be very grateful

• DachaloverDachalover Posts: 776

Ahh sorry , missed

this one....

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

It looks lovely Dachaloverimage the first one might be scabious and the second possibly chives but really not sure. The bit I love about wildflowers is you can collect the seeds of the ones you like and have more next yearimage

• landgirl100landgirl100 Posts: 655

The pale blue one (photo 4) is a flax, Linum. The last one is Crimson Clover, Trifolium incarnartum. The second photo looks more like a Candytuft but not sure. I think 3 and 5 are some kind of cornflower.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Candytuft (Iberis) looks right to me too landgirl.  I also think cornflower for the other but I didn't know crimson clover.  You learn something new everyday hereimage

Lloks very pretty Dachaloverimage.

Many thanks allimage

Hi all

A couple more of the "magic packet" have flowered so may I please ask for your help with identification again?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,635

1. Poppy

2. one of the mallows (Lavatera family)

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Cheers Dovefromabove, never knew poppies could be so incredibly beautiful , this sort of reminds me of bridesmaids dresses and pink champagne.....image