Garden produce recipes

1789101113»

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,337

Blimey Daryl, those look obscenely large.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,236

Coooo. Getting close to bunches of grapes there! image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,191

Those look luscious.  Ours were small and dry after a long drought this summer.

Harvested chillies yesterday and made sweet chilli jam with garlic and ginger.

Lots left so some Asian chilli jam coming up and no doubt, some of the usual recipe too.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452
    pansyface wrote (see)

Blimey Daryl, those look obscenely large.image

plant pauper wrote (see)

Coooo. Getting close to bunches of grapes there! image

No idea why they are so huge. They came with the house and are tucked in a narrow space between the greenhouse and next doors fence. The just seem to go on growing and ripening. The clusters don't all ripen at once. Just the biggest one first then the next and next and so on. I've been picking them for about 6 weeks and there are still plenty left. Mostly untouched by the birds too. 

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845

So many apples left yesterday I decided just to juice them all.  Delicious. But.........

did I read on here a while back that apple juice will freeze well?

also is there a trick to stop it separating so quickly?. I like to mix mine half and half with water, adding ice 

thanks

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,784

Hello , o/h did some pickled runner beans for the first time  for me as she doesn't like beans , opened them yesterday , fabulous , will now be a regular 

also opened jar of piclkled onions with chilly , great image

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,238

For Hosta. 

S. E. NSW
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,784

Hello , o/h just done a jar of pickled French Beans , I will let know how they turn outimage