just made my 1st ever hanging baskets

nivlacnivlac Posts: 50
just made my 1st ever hanging baskets now I am not sure where to store them due to the cold weather coming, this is my 1st ever attempt at any flower growing so I don???t know what to expect, any advice would be gratefully received thanks, cal

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

When you say madeimage-do you mean you have planted them up?image-if so with what plants exactly?image

• nivlacnivlac Posts: 50
    Sweet Williams trailing fushia, sweet pea and mini trailing petunias

Petunias and fuchsia plants cannot go outside yet-they are not hardy-not until the beginning of May at the earliestimage

Sorry but this is a big mistakeimage

oh dear!! lol 1st attempt fail then woops
  • lynda dlynda d Posts: 17

maybe you can just keep them inside hung up, keep watering them and just wait untill the weather gets much better next year you will learn from this what i have done is bought myself a little jotter book and wrote things in when( planted and put out and how they did) i had trouble last year trying to do hanging chery toms and with having a stroke didnt seem to get what i was trying to do/ but i had some awful comments back some peaple for get there are new LEARNING gardeners out here any way hope you have a bit of look with your planting .

• We gardeners are so impatient aren't we lol..image I'm attemtping a courgette plant in my greenhouse at the moment, its growing really well but I may be stumped when it comes to the pollinatingimage  maybe put them in the greenhouse for a while if you have one? or conservatory? If not could nivelac re-pot them stongeoff and keep them going until Spring eventually arrives?...Good idea Elsie123, I bought a little notebook, complete with pen...but always  forget to write it downimage my kids think I'm mad because I write the date planted on the pot labels, colour etc., ah youth...no idea ehimage they'll get it eventuallyimage

nivlac-

-all is not lost presumably you can "unplant" them-put them back in pots-keep those frost free and replant nice healthy plants in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the comments I will defiantly learn from it and keep trying, we are hoping to buy our 1st bought house soon and I want to learn now to have a garden I can enjoy in the future when we do eventually buy it

nivlac

Could I suggest get some reading material-ask questions on here first-people are only too willing to help-we all started somewhereimage