Gardeners World new season

I hope everyone watched tonight.  This is what I came up with.

Why did the chicken cross the new path?

So he could make happymarion laugh.

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

well there's a thing. It seems that GW programmes are to be available for 4 months from broadcast not just the 7 days of iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mw1h

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,226

I watched it, liked the chicken. Disappointed in Joe's cottage garden. He always designs with staight lines and I prefer curves and colour. He's better at contemporary. Monty's veg garden has to be the tidiest I've ever seen. Mine's a mess, but I'm gradually getting round it. Do weeds grow in winter in England? They sure do in France.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • jatnikapyarjatnikapyar Posts: 419

Aaaaa........I had my first fix of Nigel for this year.Must be spring at last, although down here in Surrey it has been wet since Tuesday!

Never mind the chickens,it was heartening to see Nigel(Monty didn't look too bad either) romping around , trying to imitate the chicken! Nice gentle gardening for the first programme of the year.

I am looking forward to Beechgrove too, I'd better get my act together and sow some seeds...........here comes spring, enjoyimage

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

The forecast is not good.

• More of the same I'm afraid, it seems like I've seen it all a million times and, to me, the format is getting tired. Maybe they could include some items of topical gardening news as well as the usual garden visits/design/practicals. 

Looking forward to Beechgrove which I've heard a lot about but have never seen. Not sure how relevant some of it will be to gardeners down here on the Kentish Riviera though.

• Loved the programme! Am looking forward to learning a lot, want out to the garden- right now, unfortunately the weather is very very wet today.
  • PatrevlilPatrevlil Posts: 48
    A lovely, cosy,warm programme. Great to see Monty and Nigel back (both on good form) I'm looking forward to some warm dry weather in the garden- ever the optimist!
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

More of the same it may be although after reading these boards there are lots of gardeners to whom it is all new.
    It is a general programme for people from all degrees of gardening skill, for me brought up in a working garden it is a form of relaxation watching others work.
    Rachael brought a couple of winter scented plants to my notice, Carol as usual was enthusiastic over her snowdrops and they are lovely but too far South for us to see in the flesh. All in all not bad for a gentle watch that does not tax the brain overly.
    Monty always gives a full explanation which is what new gardeners need to know and even old bats like me do learn something and that is because gardening is a continuous learning process, we never know it all.

Frank.

• Anyone know what the ipad app that Joe Swift appeared to be using to draw the garden?

• Yes Susan I would love that as well!