Forum home Talkback

National Garden Scheme

2»

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

Fairy Nuff Sparkly. Thought you might be a fellow belly dancer image

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Hallo sparklygardener, I just read this article on open gardens in today's Daily Telegraph. I thought it might interest you, sounds like fun but hard work.image

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardeningadvice/9929465/The-ins-and-outs-of-opening-your-garden-to-the-public.html

• image image Flobear

Not more belly dancers! Mine does a dance all by itself! I'm entering it in a competition this year.

Sorry! Haven't got anything new to say about open gardens except that I wish I could come and see yours, Sparkly.

• Swiss Sue-thanks for that it posed exactly the questions I am now asking myself mainly around the unpredictabily of the whole thing. I will keep my fingers crossed!

GGrandma-that is a shame you can't come, I have baked over 200 pieces of cake and if it rains and/or I don't get lots of people then we will have lots left over which I would be happy to share with fellow gardeners!

Thanks

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Mmmm, cakes! Shame you're so far away, I'd love to come and see your garden, and dozens of others like the ones at stately homes and castles. I've only ever been to London and Maidstone where we have friends, maybe one day again, will have to save up. Trouble is the pension isn't exactly a banker's bonus!image

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Am visiting a NGS open garden tomorrow. looking forward to it. Watch Gallery 2013 where I will post photos - if it's light enough to take anyimage