Some materials for my stumperie

Fantastic stumps Tetley!  I would love a garden large enough to have a stumpery and come up with some wild ideas.  You will have to keep us posted on progress with this.  What fun!

I watched a tv programme, I think 3 years ago, about a chap creating a stumpery or adding to it for HRH Charles.  It was a big project but fascinating.  There must be some videos for ideas and techniques on youtube which might give you a kickstart - but I expect you have some ideas germinating. 

Can't wait to see how things go for you.

• yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 732

The creature aspect is going to be fascinating for you...to see what comes and goes and what makes a home or industry there - and how it all ages and how new visitors use it.  Look forward to more photos.

• Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 175

I will be following your stumperie with interest.  I have been slightly obsessed with them for the last few weeks and have been trying to work out where the best place would be for one in my own garden.  Please keep the pictures coming image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Wow image My favourite is the first pic image look forward to more pics image

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Amazing Tetley.  How did you source your stumps?  The middle pic looks like a crocodile or pike and the one Second to last is wearing specs.  It's like looking at clouds and finding imagesimage.   I believe clouds are heavy tooimage.  

Looking forward to more pics as the transformation takes place.

they look great!  

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845
    I fell for the bird! Spent three mins trying to identify! Sad or what?

Love your stumperie, given me ideas.......
    Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,784

Some fine stumps there Tetleyimage

Hope you get to put some update pics on. I had a log delivery this morning, going to put some pics on my log pile thread.

Interested to see how you plant yours up... My only ideas so far are a fern I've wanted for ages and various weeds I quite like...

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,784

Are you back on advanced settings, that's if you changed when the site went down...?

Not sure about the info from Avast...image

Advanced editor, I meant, in forum settings...

I have full on stump-envy now Tetley!  they look brilliant, and I especially like the planting in the gravelly bits

I'm not great with plant names, and no grass expert either, but I am a bit in love with corkscrew rush which would look lovely growing out of a stump