Forum home Plants

WHAT AM I? ... a dedicated community plant identification thread

• HippophaeHippophae Posts: 154

jo47, I've just googled images of flax, this looks a lot like blue flax (Linum perenne). Yes probably the same as yours. Blue flax is also a native wildflower of parts of England.

• Pam PoloPam Polo Posts: 5

I'd say the first one was a Dock.......the fifth is a grass that seeds everywhere, not sure of the species but has pendulous seedheads. The last pic looks like a young bramble.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,864
    nutcutlet wrote (see)

.... Multiple IDs for different people on one thread is total chaosimage

Well it has been every time it's been tried in the past image 

Perhaps it'll be different this time image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,417

It's not though is it Doveimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • HippophaeHippophae Posts: 154

Ah well it's all just fun and games anyway aint it? Love how serious gardeners get haha

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,417

You're right, it doesn't matter at all. 

I can't do it though, Not enough cogs left in the brainimage

In the sticks near Peterborough

It all gets so confused it's hard to help - and sometimes it is sort of serious - new members come on here and ask for help and if we can't help that's a shame. 

It doesn't matter about those of us who're here often, a bit of fun and banter amongst the gardening - but newcomers asking for help and getting no answer, or worse still, the wrong answer ... image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Pam Polo wrote (see)

.... The last pic looks like a young bramble.

The one with blue flowers......... ???image

• Pam PoloPam Polo Posts: 5

Sorry Dove, I didn't realise my post submitted, I wrote it much earlier and have just joined and was waiting for confirmation.

My post was for the first 4 pics of the thread image

Ah, I see - no probs image

It does seem that threads like this with multiple ID queries are too fast-moving to be very helpful ...