Forum home Plants

WHAT AM I? ... a dedicated community plant identification thread

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,432

Jo, I hink your grassy thing could be Carex pendula.

Multiple IDs for different people on one thread is total chaosimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • turmericturmeric Posts: 830

It is hard to see the first one but it looks a bit like dock - sorry!  Can you take another photo of the flowers?  I love the second photo and would like to know what that is myself.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

If anyone has trouble seeing any photos clearly, if you click on it, it will come up full page size, I still don't know what is though!

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• turmericturmeric Posts: 830

I'm lost in the chaos of so many photos now.  When I referred to the first photo I meant the first one by Hippophae.

• HippophaeHippophae Posts: 154

Edd, yes the first one does appear to have creamy whitish flowers! Nope not from Flickr, some from google and other forums, websites, some are my own images and others have been sent to me by people wanting to know what they are. A real mish mash, but it would be great if other members also used this thread to show or enquire about theirs too!

nutcutlet, Carex pendula was the first plant to pop into my mind too when I saw jo47's first photo... Hmm I wonder. The leaves on this specimen are quite a light shade of green and I thought C. pendula leaves were darker green in colouration.

They are a bit darker when not confined to a pot

In that case how about we number the photos? That will lay any confusion to rest. So my first three were 1, 2 and 3, and so forth

Number 6 looked to me like a kind of bramble or maybe raspberry, but it is apparently without thorns.

Plant no 7... maybe a flax?

Jo, not hornbeam. Look rubus to me as well

I'm retiring now before my brain explodesimage