Forum home Plants

Lupin Seeds

I would love to have a wave of blue and purple lupins (not the ones with bits of white in them, but I cannot find seeds that are only those colours.  Does anyone know of any that are just blue and purple?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That looks a nice plant hollie hock, I got lupins from a seed swap this year not sure of the colour they did not put on packet

so it will be a surprise for me

I guess they come in any colour?

found this purple/blue ones

http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Perennial+Plants/Perennials+A+to+Z/Perennials+J+to+L/Lupin+Plant+-+Masterpiece_227341.htm#227341

Nice plants I like them not grown them yet

Hampshire Gardener
  • Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,455
    I have dwarf white /cream ones , cuttings do great i have never collected seeds .
    Cuttings are really easy , same as geranium if you have taken those .
  • Not got a B&M here just poundland and 99p store will have to look for some roots from there thanks hollie hock

Do they flower first year?

Hampshire Gardener
    Hollie is never done any cuttings before . I used carol Klein book then went round garden image

They spread so can nip a small section off by hand I found . Need to be coming up bit further yet , if yours arnt up already , mine are always late here ...everything late here.
  • because of my heavy clay soil I grew them in pots this year(big pots) and stored in shed,they are still green and no slug attack.like the photo of the lupins,such an old fashioned plant of imagined cottage garden style.image

• Beautifull photo hollie hock, I adore Lupins, I had one in a pot last year and it was huge. but towards the end of the year the slugs & snails got the better of me. I'm hoping that it comes up again this year. (fingers crossed)