Nematodes...every slugs enemy:)

I've been looking into giving Nematodes a go this Spring and was just wondering if after applying them I can sow my veg/salad crops in the beds.....it says they're animal, wildlife and children friendly but no-where can I find whether its safe to plant veg etc., after treatment:/ Hope someone out there can help meimage I feel a victory (albeit a pricey victory) coming on hehe.....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,690
    They are safe to use with veg planting, it's not a chemical but a living worm. You can't use them yet though, must wait till soil is warm, not before 3nd week of march at least.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Okay thank you...I've ordered them but they're not delivered until March so hopefully the soil will have warmed because I'm impatient to get the little crittersimage all my hard work last year and all i had to show was fat slugs roaming my garden...and I swear they were smirking!

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

You need an avatarimage

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/image_zps54d04d7f.jpg

• I didimage thank you Sotongeoff...I printed off the cabbage wars and pinned it in my greenhouse...makes me smileimage

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've just ordered the small pack which covers 40square metres for approximately six weeks; they cost £9.25 plus p&p which came to £11.25. It does say to re-do after six weeks to get the maximum benefit but I'll wait and see as Verdun said they are naturally in the soil anyway and this gives them a boost....hoping it may be enough of a boost to stop the cycle...probably a bit too hopeful of me but who knowsimage I spent hours every evening last year bashing the slimy little critters and will do again but I'd rather spend the time enjoying my gardenimage

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,690
    They are on ebay for 22.50 post free to cover 100 square metres. You will need to do it again in 6 to8 weeks though. They will have another 2 weeks shelf life when they arrive, you need to keep them in the fridge for that time.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.