Forum home Plants

sparaxis or Harlequin

FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
Should I cut off the whole stem once all on that stem are dead ? These are all in bloom from a second stem and all already have bloomed on a previous stem which is now going to seed. Should I cut it off so the plant focuses on the flowers on the other stem ? Will it promote another flowering stem to pop up or do they only put up a certain amount of flowing stems ? I will add pictures later on hopefully.

• FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
    Sad now.

Have I upset everyone ?

Doesn't anyone grow these ?

If I was on my laptop I would use the emoticon with great big crocodile tears. In fact I' might even turn it on so I can use the proper message editor and add all the sad emoticon faces.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,957

Sorry Frannerz imageimage

I've never grown sparaxis - but I imagine that they're similar to other bulbs in that the flowers are in the bulbs before they grow - so what I would do now is to feed the bulbs to help them form plenty of buds in the bulb for next year image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
    Thankyou Dovefromabove.

I still have so many of the basics to learn.

Thankyou for your, much appreciated, help and advice. I thought maybe I had used a gardeners world forum expletive. Lol

Thanks again x