Forum home Plants

sparaxis or Harlequin

FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
Should I cut off the whole stem once all on that stem are dead ? These are all in bloom from a second stem and all already have bloomed on a previous stem which is now going to seed. Should I cut it off so the plant focuses on the flowers on the other stem ? Will it promote another flowering stem to pop up or do they only put up a certain amount of flowing stems ? I will add pictures later on hopefully.

• FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
    Sad now.

Have I upset everyone ?

Doesn't anyone grow these ?

If I was on my laptop I would use the emoticon with great big crocodile tears. In fact I' might even turn it on so I can use the proper message editor and add all the sad emoticon faces.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,498

Sorry Frannerz imageimage

I've never grown sparaxis - but I imagine that they're similar to other bulbs in that the flowers are in the bulbs before they grow - so what I would do now is to feed the bulbs to help them form plenty of buds in the bulb for next year image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FrannerzFrannerz Posts: 72
    Thankyou Dovefromabove.

I still have so many of the basics to learn.

Thankyou for your, much appreciated, help and advice. I thought maybe I had used a gardeners world forum expletive. Lol

Thanks again x