In my garden today?

You may have already started or planning on a major gardening session  image

but what ever it is do post & let everyone know your goals for today.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,574
    My goal for today is a good chop down, everything's gone wild.

Sow more seeds for next year, Pravado the fuchsias, for vine weevil, tie up the hellebores, draped all over the place.

Put more slug pellets round the dahlias, plant some primula so around the pond.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,990

after a few days away I'll be in tunnels dealing with whatever needs done, certainly tomatoes to tie and shave their armpits and feed. 

Gorgeous sunny day with a nice breeze.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,336

Tomatoes tied and side shoots removed, all pots watered and fed as necessary. 

Pots on terrace moved about and rearranged trying to match aesthetics with individual plants' needs for sunlight/shade etc image

Runner beans checked - we have beans 4" long!  Earlier than ever before! image Dessert goosegogs almost ready, late sown peas have pods ready to fill up.

A good morning so far, apart from the hosepipe taking on a life of its own and soaking me  when I left it to fill a watering can - reminds me of when we were small and Pa turning the hosepipe on us on the lawn on days like this image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Katherine WKatherine W Posts: 410

Scythed down a ton of braken in pony pasture. Cleaned out duck house. Watering kitchen garden now (drip system going, I am sitting down typing). Done some weeding. When the shade of the hornbeams reaches the pergola I can water my poor panting pots...

Another hot dry day...

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,044

I looked at it but rather warmimage

Wandered around with the camera and tried to get the bees and hoverflies but they won't stay still.

• lynredshawlynredshaw Posts: 43

Fed the birds, cleaned up the mess the hedgehogs make,potted up a seedling fern I found in the garden, put my sweet pepper in the sun cos its too hot in the summer house, now its time for lunch, sandwich and a glass of wine in the shade,perfic.

• Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 175

Cant wait to get home from work to the garden....birds will no doubt be shouting at me for food as I ran out of seed last night, but hopefully they will fill up on slugs and snails as I seem to have millions of those to spare!  Once the bird feeders have been replenished, I intend to measure the garden and try & come up with some sort of plan/drawing of how im going to flatten my grass and building a retaining wall.  I wish I was married to a landscape gardener that could do it for me for free.   

Verdun's day sounds like my idea of heaven.....Lager and cheese.....wonderful!  

• Just has delivered a climbing rose called Night Light that I saw at the national rose garden near St Albans last week, It is gorgeous with the most powerful perfume, flowers gold  turning to have orange edged petals with age, now getting it planted. Feel so blessed 

• So exited that I forgot to say this morning the foxglove seeds were helped to spread round the garden as I had one flower this year that was cream coloured with the bells facing outwards instead of hanging down