Forum home Plants

Camellia

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Thanks for your help. Will think a little more,but will maybe have a go. image

• A shady spot is perfect, because they are woodland plants. You have to avoid east-facing areas, because their blooms are very vulnerable to frost damage when caught by early sunshine.

• Hi Bjay.

As promised yesterday a couple of pictures of the camellia in our garden taken this afternoon.

Buds just waiting for some better weather.image

Well I think I will give it a go. Have found one with my Grand daughters name, so will go in with a clematis  that has her Daddy's name, with a rose with her uncle's name and something with my daughters name.(loads of plants with that one) Still working on a plant with her mother's nameimage

Those buds look nice and swollen, what colour is it?

• It a deep pink, I don't know its name. We have had it for so long I've forgotten.

It's a lovely idea having a family border, might do a bit of resarch myself into plants for our family, some are easier than others to find.image

That is certainly so. Can't find one for my name either - yet

Thanksimage

Thanks for all your help. Today i have ordered the Camelia from Rotherview Nurseries. Hope it's OKimage

• Mine's in a very shady part of the garden from November-March (ie no sun at all) and then has part sun from April. Full of buds at the moment but has lost a couple due to hard frosts. I've heard that they don't like east facing as morning sun + frosts can make the buds fall off more easily. My buds refusing to open for now as so damn cold!