Forum home Wildlife gardening

Small Wildlife pond

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

image image image

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

imageimageimage Funny bubble, who blew you?

• Peat BPeat B Posts: 441

I couldn't possibly comment !

• Erica938Erica938 Posts: 25
    Well I have added plants to my lovely pond so I'm hoping to get a few of peat Ballans frogs flitting to my gaff lol. My little pond debate made gardeners world mag this week very chuffed....yeah easily pleased. Thanks for all your advice I will keep you all updated on its progress :0)
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,326

Please do - it looks lovely, and will be great to see it as the seasons progress.  Here's hoping for froggies image (ok, not a frog, but at least its green!)

The serious side of the frogy topic is, recently, with the unseasonably cold, VERY cold wether, the spawn has taken a reet battering. Frozen on the surface and it looks very mizz, by any standards. I peeped carefully at the stuff under the surface, and this sems to have survived the worst excesses. We now have adult frogs in several places around the lotty, and the signs are good, for a reasonable populaation after the amphib copulation.

The warmer weather has reached us in Northumberland ! Kalloo Kallay !

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 26,987

If I don't pull some blanket weed off the pond I won't know what is going on in there.

In the sticks near Peterborough

Sometimes, it just ain't right to peer under the blanket with all those frogs doing what frogs do so enthusiastically !

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 26,987

Quite embarrassing really. 

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

You mean like this? Copulating toads being saved from chickenwire!