Forum home The potting shed

Really need some help, badly!!!!

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

I feel so very sorry for you, especially as you are staring off on such a tight budget. O hope it is sorted out quickly. 

I must say my first thoughts were allotment association or the other allotmenteers that you must ahve talked to while you were putting in all the hard work. You may be surprised at what they noticed.

Freecycle is very goodimage

• Update...

Lovely police officer has come and he's seen all our evidence and seen all the photos and the time stamps and the boxes and pots etc and he's convinced that this is definitely theft, or at least the man clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing.

He's going to get the address for the man and go round and see what the outcome is and try and get our items back, the police officer is then going to talk to the council about the water butts for us as they have damaged our allotment in the process.

So we have to see what happens now...

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,403

Good luck, keep us posted.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Good luck. Let us know how it all progresses won't you image

• InkadogInkadog Posts: 492

Such a sad story--fingers crossed for you. Lucky you had photos!

Keep us posted!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,575

Yes, let us know what happens next (we like a bit of Miss Marple/Poirot/Bergerac on this board image)  and please don't be discouraged  (((more hugs))) - we gardeners have to face all sorts of setbacks, like a summer of continual rain like last year, and invasions of killer slugs etc, but the thing is to keep looking forward to what can be done to make things better and to share things with those around you, and keep remembering, it's cheaper than joining a gym  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

My fingers are crossed,tooimage

Pam LL x

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I am so proud to belong to a forum where the people are so supportiveimage

I wish hawk and rose that everything gets restored to you.

• Please don't be discouraged.  I'm on a very tight budget too, I got an amazing cold frame from Amazon for about £30 last year, and I find Aldi to be fab at gardening things.  They've got PVC 3 and 4 tier greenhouses in at the minute, and they had fruit trees a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know if your local Aldi will have any, but they had raised bed kits for a tenner.  They are very good if you can get there on a Sunday and Thursday when the 'special buys' come in.

Poundstretcher and Wilkos are also very good, but can be hit-and-miss as to what they have in.  I also save my Tesco clubcard points and use these on gardening offers.  They have an offer ATM for strawberry plants, something like £4 worth of points for 10 strawberry runners (delivered).  They also have fruit trees on offer, but they're about £12 worth of points (I never seem to accumulate that many).

I hope it's just a huge misunderstanding, hopefully the chap took all the stuff away thinking it was his Mum's, with any luck it will be sitting in his shed, and the police can get it back.

I keep trying freecycle to see if I can find a shed/greenhouse/chicken coop, no luck as yet!  I get emails every day, but it's mostly folks thinking Freecycle is like their own personal Argos - they even specify the colour of the leather sofas they want!!!

Chin up, hopefullly you'll make lots of friends with other allotment holders when they find out what's happened, and they can help you replace some of what you've lost.

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Sending best wishes and good luck to Hawk & Rose.  I'm sure MummyMuddyPaws is right when she says other allotment holders will want to help when they know what's happened.  Us gardeners are generally a very friendly bunch who love to share their extras and I'm sure before long you'll be having your own extras to offer to others. Everyone on here is wishing you well so keep thinking those positive thoughts. xx