Forum home The potting shed

Really need some help, badly!!!!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,450

Wow, an allotment with cctv - I'm impressed!  Good luck image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,538

I was so sorry to read your story. I really hope it's a misunderstanding about what was yours and that the police sort it out.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Even if you get your stuff returned and it turns out to be a huge mistake, it's still an very stressful start to what should be an exciting and glorious undertaking...you have my sympathies but take heart...it could always be worse.

Aquiring the land is a blessing  -there's a 10yr waiting list in my area- and plants will grow without luxury, and yes you do require some essentials but other than that, I wouldn't pour money into your plot but rather your time and attention. 

Security is the number one issue for allotments across the country, for those invited or otherwise. 

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Dear Hawk and rose, so sorry to hear about what has happened. Hopefully Dove is right and it is all a big mistake. I am keeping my fingers crossed for youimage

• Hi hawk and rose. Im gutted to hear whats happened. I hope you get things sorted out soon for you.x
  • this is before we started on the allotment...

This is when we did some work on it...

You can see we put some bark down and built the cold frame and herb bed...

the cold frame and herb bed all done up,

shed with everything ready to go once we could enter the shed

soil turned over ready and compost and manure piled up ready to go.

• this is it now!

big bag of compost gone, he's trodden all over our turned over soil, so will have to re-turn it.

water butts gone just rubbish left...

our strawberries and pots gone...

my birthday present the cold frame is gone...

The holes where are herbs once were! And the mint in the ot has gone...

• How upsetting & horrible for you.

I agree with Dove above, talk to your allotment association you may find the other allotment holders will rally round & help with spare plants & things. 
    The good thing is it's early in the season so plenty of time to start growing things again.

Hope the police recover some of your stuff .

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,450

I hope it was the son that took things by mistake - I've just got a horrid feeling that the stuff that was taken  would be easily sold at a car boot sale image  An elderly chap I knew lost three rows of wallflower plants overnight, just as they were ready to be dug up and planted out - he'd grown them for himself and his family and neighbours - they were taken one Saturday night and the police reckoned they'd be sold the following morning at a car boot sale image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• How awful for you when you have put so much care and love into it. Try freecycle, someone I know got a greenhouse from there, you never know what you might find.