Climbers

2»

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 51,425
    Dovefromabove wrote (see)
      Growing plants in pots, particularly large plants/shrubs, takes more gardening skill than growing them in the open ground.

I should have said "Growing plants longterm in pots ...... takes more gardening skill than growing them in the open ground." image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• clematis or honeysuckle,montana's grow quickly and don't need much attention except for control of spread or even  a rambling rose .you could if not wishing to use a pot knock out a pocket to put the plant in.(I have done this by front door where I have a rambling rose and a clematis.)image

• Thank you for all your suggestions.  Really helpful website Swiss Sue - especially the fact they include annual climbers, which I had not considered.  Has to be a container as the shed I want to cover is a concrete one on the patio to the side of the house, so no soil available - also only receives morning sun.  The container is large - a half barrel - so I am also going to look at clematis montana and clematis tangutica - will also check the annuals.

All your help much appreciated.    Carol Mc

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

How about an evergreen honeysuckle or 'Mermaid(?)' a semi evergreen rose, so you don't have to look at a collection of dead twigs for 5 months of the year? Or one of the evergreen clematisimage

2»