Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

passion flower

HI all,can anyboby tell me if the passion flower plants all bare  fruit, i used to have one with terrific smallish orange sweet  fruit about the size of a satsuma ,now iv moved i want to get another but am told that only Passiflora Edulis gets fruit even the G/Cen dont seem to know the answer or where to get one from,  if they all fruit no probs,but has anyone got one that has edible fruits and what sort do they have PLease

many thanks Alanimage

• I have one with edible fruits but alas I have not the name for it.I have grown passionflower seeds and they do fine but this year I had no fruits,maybe too much rain.

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

hi flower ,iv took a cutting from someone but they dont know what sort,im  hopeing they all fruit i,ll haveto wait and see doesnt seem to be anyone who,s got any knowledge on them ,shame cus they are really beautifull in flower

cheers Alan

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Dead easy-you check in "my posts" on your profile pageimage

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/plants/help-needed-with-identification/72150.html

And you can privately message another forum member-providing they allow that in their settings-which it appears you both doimage

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

Hi Break23 many thanks for your kind offer ,and weve just got back from Nottm today and i found one their  and grabbed it many thanks for everybodies helpimage

Good luck all

Alan4711