The Potting Shed.

I wonder what the general opinions are regarding the decision to allow garden gnomes at Chelsea. I was shocked, for I think they are hideous.

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,820

A garden sometimes needs a bit of fun, If a brief for a garden asks for a sense of fun or humour then why not. I don't mean a gnomeland but for fun - why not a few??

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,250

A garden should have whatever the gardener wants it to have.

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,014

I have a couple of garden gnomes image and fairies and moles and beatrix potter characters image

Pam LL x

• hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,344

Don't really have an opinion about Chelsea, but if someone wants gnomes in their garden .......why not?

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,455
    Nothing against them ... A garden I know of had wayyyyyyy over the standard amount and big ones, someone jumped the wall one night and lined them up round the corner at the bus stop .
  • joslowjoslow Posts: 219

I love a gnomeimage

My parents had them for the grand kids image
  • hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,344

image like the idea of gnomes waiting for the bus

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,806

I am not shocked about the gnomes-about time the stuffy RHS woke up-look how they came over in the Sarah Raven programme about wildflower gardens-a load of stuffed shirts.

The gardens at Chelsea are usually a load of designers high flying-in one case actually high and flying-poncy ideas and bear little relation to what an ordinary gardener can and does achieve.

One up for gnomelandimage

Wish I could find the news article Hollie hock , was so funny , years ago now .