Forum home The potting shed

double helping of Monty

Hi guysimage just indulged myself with an hour of plant viewing .

Was really chuffed to see longmeadow has an air of the dishevelled cottage look I'm aiming for image  I have soo many ideas now but am dozing  off image so hopefully I'll remember them in the morning  image night night all

• FirecrackerFirecracker East Lancashire.Posts: 256

Good eh! recorded it so will view later. image

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,118

Dishevelled cottage? Got that in spadesimage. Not to mention down at heel, over the hill, gone to seed cottage lookimage. It's that time of year when the wilder bits go from being pretty and relaxed to being untidy and unkempt and  well, wild, and everything flops and tries to grab you by the ankles as you go by, and the bottoms of your trousers get soaked by the dew or after a shower! Time fo some hacking back to show things who's boss! 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,268
    Buttercupdays wrote (see)

Dishevelled cottage? Got that in spadesimage. ...

We're doing 'dishevelled cottage' quite well too at the moment image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Not to mention his 'dishevelled' pond.......was willing him to take a dip again. image

PS. Garden soil not good for aquatic plants in containers. image

David K wrote (see)

...  PS. Garden soil not good for aquatic plants in containers. image

There appear to be differing opinions on that one David image

http://www.rowdengardens.com/menu_page.php?id=7

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 'There appear to be differing opinions on that one David' image

Twas always so, Dove. xx image

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

And a nice practical section on how to make your own container/trough out of concrete, sand etc for a miniature rock garden.

• This week's tip from Mr D to be treated with caution.....'compost those potato haulms'.

Nice sample of first (or second) early spuds, although I've never heard of anyone lifting a whole crop in one go, they won't keep......this is surly a crop that benefits from the plot to pot theory.