Forum home Plants

Plant (Rose) i.d.

Hi all,

You've managed to help me i.d. 2 previous plants, but can you make it 3 from 3 ??

Just come back from a "Garden Safari" at Eynsford, well worth it if you've not been to one, but the new owners of one house already had this in the garden and has no-idea as to what it is. Looks like a Rose and had the same evil thorns as I found out!! Approx 5 feet tall.

Any ideas, is it a Rose and if so anyone know what type/name etc...

I know you can do it....

Cheers

Martin

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 8,922

Looks like a Rosa rugosa, possibly 'Fru Dagmar Hastrup' but I'm no rose expert. image

Might also be Rosa canina - the flowers look right for that.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,348
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• It does look like Ballerina or Blush Beauty.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,348

Don't know Blush Beauty, but the flowers of Rosa 'Blush Rambler' are similar but I think its buds are much deeper pink and the growth is much more vigorous than the one in MaJiKs Garden's picture

http://www.wyevalegardencentres.co.uk/item/Climbing-Roses/Blush-Rambler-Ra/UY5

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks all but I think Dovefromabove may well have made it 3 from 3.  Looked Ballerina up on RHS and Googled images and it looks the same to me.

Once again, Many thanks

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,249

It also looks like a rose I have called 'Rosy Cushion'

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands