Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Just watched Monty Tonight

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

I have just drunk a glass of blackcurrant cordial that I made this afternoon image

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Me thinks you protest too much Verdun image  we have seen your lawn on garden pictures yours has Lines !!image just a little obsessional  he he.  

• PerkiPerki Posts: 2,527

I thought its was about time the lawn was mentioned I really enjoyed it, and what a wonderful lawn the elderly chap has image  

I mow at least every three days without fail on my own lawn, It wouldn't take mowing an lower than about 15mm or some of the board leaf grass shows up, just wait until the end of the season it will met my spade image

depends on what seeds your growing joyce?

• Perki...Yes, His lawn was Fab, and well done to him....

BUT'.........image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Was he elderly?? I don't think so! In his prime. 

• The badgers keep my lawn well ploughed???

• FirecrackerFirecracker Posts: 256

I loved last nights GW thought it was really good. Loved the lawn and garden in Doncaster, I like a good lawn.image 

• Perks I just wondered what flower seeds I could grow now  as I only want small plants i need to cover the soil perhaps I can still buy the plants in b.q or homebase 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

methinks I'm in a minority, I thought his garden was awful. Looked like some council park with all that bare soil showing.

The lawn was superb, but as he seems to work on all day every day, it should be.

Not my cup of tea at all, but the " gravel garden" it was stunning.

Devon.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

Then, Hostafan, you are in a minority of at least two, because I agree with you. Also about the gravel garden.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.