A-Z TV gardening

Is it just me?...or does anyone feel its like watching a garden version of Sesame Street? And today...we are looking at the letter E. Lol. Just watched again thinking I was maybe imagining it. Some good tips but do feel I should be crossed legged 2 ft away from the telly with sweeties image

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,455
    Lol image
  • image Thank God I'm not alone... .it starts off with Carols' patronising stance and progresses from there. Anyway, it's another programme cobbled together to produce another "filler". Why don't they show repeats of GW etc., at least it's a REAL programme for adults image

• I would much rather see gardeners world repeats too lol.
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Look, for years we  gardeners have been saying where are the gardening programmes. It may be flawed BUT it is a gardening programme and good ratings could well lead to other programmes.

And GW isn't the best at the moment either. not 'down to earth' enough

• What happened to the gardening channel on Sky? A;pparently, not enough people watched it.

• How do you mean 'down to earth' Rosa? image
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,254

I used to watch the gardening channel on Sky. They showed lots of old GWs with Geoff Hamilton and garden design competions with Chris Beardshaw. I miss it. Keep forgetting AZ because I feed horses before going to church.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • I enoy it as it takes bits from many different sources and most are very imformatitive.

Any gardening prog on TV is good for me. I also wish sky would restart the gardening channel

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Don't have Sky - can't afford it. So anything the Freeview Channels throw out is what I watch

Down to earth - apart from the obvious gardening reference - it is quite idealistic and not down to the level of the average humble garden. Some advice is useful though.

• We recorded it this morning and just watched it - we got the letter F!  Fuchsias, fencing, ferns etc. We wondered about E - OH is just off checking if we missed something? I loved the ferns bit image