Forum home Talkback

Plants ID please.

Hi there it's me again trying to find out what is exactly in my garden.3 plants 2 pics each. Thanks folks.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    The first one I don't know the second might be Jacobs ladder don't know the third. Not much help but maybe someone else will come along.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,266

I have a feeling that the first one is a weed. I don't think the second is Jacob's ladder, but it looks familiar. Sorry, I'm not much help either.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Bizzybee63Bizzybee63 Posts: 73

Ok thanks for looking image

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,117

I thought the second one was scarlet pimpernel but maybe the leaves are a tad big so may be not.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

I think the third might be a dwarf elm, Ulmus x hollandica 'Jacqueline Hillier' or similar cultivar. Have a look at some google images and see if it looks right.

I think garden maiden could be right with the scarlet pimpernel, you'll get more flowers to confirm (or not)

• Bizzybee63Bizzybee63 Posts: 73

Nut, thanks! , pics on Google show it is a dwarf elm. image

• Mattie2Mattie2 Posts: 1

Bizzybee63 -- (what a name! How did you think of it??)

The first one on the photo left is Thieves Wart -- be careful around that one.

The second one is, I'm sure,heisticus disgustica.  Not a very pretty plant, I must say.

Finally, what you've got there is hackamonstous-- a common weed.

Good luck.  Believe it or not all three were mentioned in the ides of march act of the little known play, "And Brutisia Stank."

Last edited: 23 May 2017 02:57:00