Forum home Wildlife gardening

frog shy of water

well im made up ,weve always had frogs in the garden mostly under the garden shed, so last summer we decided to make a wildlife pond so the frog would be happy and guess what they were water shy wouldn't go by it , we had insect going in the water but mr frog refused ... but to my surprise a couple of days ago their he was sunbathing on the rock would you believe , so im a happy bunny too speak and so the cat who sits and watches him image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,514

Aren't ponds great image

Frogs only spend part of the year in and around ponds.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• annmarie 2annmarie 2 Posts: 155

I must say I wish id made a larger pond now, it is quite big but there so much you can do and the wildlife I could sit and watch them all day  image

• jen24jen24 Posts: 7

I also built a small wildlife pond a couple of  months ago saw my first frog in it  yesterday image

• Bizzybee63Bizzybee63 Posts: 73

Hi annmarie , I am really inspired by your pond updates, I would love to make one like yours.Where is best to place it, shade ,sun ? Thanks.

hi bizzybee, it gets sun id say until mid- day , depends on british weather , but its not full sun... it depends if you want a wild life or one with a fountain,  it doesn't take long to make either lots of fun have ago image 

so sad creeper the frog seems too have disappeared image  hopefully he or she is in the shrubs around the pond with their buddy , the gargoyles have been moved slightly so I know its not dead