Forum home The potting shed

Fantasy garden

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,045

What would you like in your fantasy garden?

I would like:

• Tap connections every 10 feet so I don't break any more plants with a long hose or a hidden sprinkler system controlled by a master board so I can turn on and off the water for any one area at will.
  • A watering can that never empties.
  • A flat garden.
  • A pond pump that never needs cleaning - perhaps what I need is a better pond filtration system.
  • plants that magically hold themselves upright with no staking required.
  • grass that only needs cutting once a month.

Any more?

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,162

A slug and snail free zone.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,496

Expanding walls that change the shape and dimensions  of the garden according to my whim image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Tray14Tray14 Posts: 210

A garden with Gerrard Butler in it! image

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,337

A garden that automatically gets larger when I want to plant something which I don't have room for!

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • A garden without bindweed and ground elder ????

no water meter would be good , then I wouldn't have to worry about how much I was using the hosepipe.

• LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,644
    A garden with beautiful stone walled terraces, linked by lovely stone steps, leading to west facing views over rolling hills, filled with stately perennials and grasses that catch the evening sun. A central long pool and stone terrace. Natural woodland gardens either side with rocks and babbling streams.
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

I just want a garden as big as this

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,045

Oh yes, borders that automatically expand to provide the perfect place for that 'treasure'. And lots of pots that never need watering.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Rain you can switch on at night : )
  • ThomzoThomzo Posts: 5

A time warp so that I can spend 12 hours in the garden for each hour I spend at work, instead of the other way around image