Forum home The potting shed

weather warning

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,702

Sounds good Zoomer - we're willing to try most ice creams, in the spirit of research image

but I'm not keen on chocolate or mint ice creams,  but any others ..........image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,243

Some very light rain about 30 mins ago, just enough to lay the dust but the garden wants a good soaking...

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

The dog kept me awake for quite a lot of last night.  Thunder, lightning and downpours but not in this valley.  He doesn't like the thunder but I could barely hear it but I always know it's somewhere about.  Some very light rain today but hopefully more tonight, preferably without the fireworks for his sake as well as mine. Everybody I spoke to round here said 'what thunder?' including a neighbour with a thumping great GSD who is usually as bad as my dog

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,888

I can confirm that there are thunderstorms around ....we're in the middle of one at the momentimage

Thats a googled photo,  not one of mine.  I'm busy hiding under the duvetimageimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

Still waiting for my rain. There is a very light drizzle now, so still hopeful

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 258

Rained overnight , but nothing apocalyptic as was forecast, maybe we've just been lucky ! Waiting for the storm too as am due to add to the war on slugs with nematodes image

• derbyduckderbyduck Posts: 136

it's been raining all night and all day just light stuff that wets every thing with out bashing things to bits image .

is it just me or do the weather forecasters  seem to be getting it wrong more than they get it right ?  D.D.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

i'm on the south east coast and been waiting for the promised downpour and after looking promising all day it's now baking hot, i hate watering the garden.

It's all over here and barely meaurable in the rain gaugeimage

No chance now Jo. image