Forum home The potting shed

weather warning

• WillDBWillDB Posts: 2,336

It's spitting here in Bristol. I can smell that 'before the storm' smell. One of the best ever smells. Come on, rain!

• John DavyJohn Davy Posts: 1

Been warm but raining steady for most of the afternoon here in North Cornwall/Devon boarder. Tiz a nice drop of rain image

• Very humid here done some flower bed extensions and have been waiting for the promised rain image felt a few spots so cleared up and stacked everything away but that was it a few spotsimage grandchildren have summer fare tomorrow so that's when it's gonna tip down forsureimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

Cool and breezy here. Hot and humid followed by storms was forecast. I want my rain

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

yeah wheres the rain? my gardens thirsty!

• Just arrived but not proper rain only a spatteringimage not enough to wet a whistle so who's got all the rain?image

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,020

Hooray, it started here just as I left work at about 6pm.  I don't mind getting a bit wet if the garden gets what it needs! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,544

It's been warm and sticky here Nut - nearly 27C this afternoon, nearly 22C at the moment - OH has just gone down to Waitrose on his bike to get us some ice cream image

Hoping for some rain later on tonight ...

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,266

It's been raining here for quite a while now, the garden was really desperate for a dousing and the water butt will be thankful too.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,189

Just a few spots of rain here, white clouds above and no wind. Everything's gone back in the GH though, I'm taking no chances.

Recommend Wallings Ice Cream Dove, 40 flavours to choose from, my favourite is apple crumbleimage