Forum home The potting shed

I was going to mow the lawn but ......................

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,833

I was going to mow the lawn this afternoon, but I can't because there's a large artwork spread out on it ......... image

What were you going to do today, and what's your best excuse ... ?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Mel MMel M Posts: 347

I was going to do some general work on the allotment this morning but this was foiled by hurricane force winds ripping across from the East. A few hardy souls did make it up there (Committee members checking for damage) but we didn't stay around long. Winds have dropped a little now and it has started to rain. Tomorrow, our forecast here in Cornwall is thunder, lightening and torrential rain, so I will clean my cooker and oven instead!

Or, maybe not!!!!!

• WillDBWillDB Posts: 2,007

Procrastination is becoming a theme for you, Dove image

Me, I was going to do some work, but I keep wandering outside and staring at things in my garden... Is it me or did it suddenly get warm today?

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

I was going to mow the lawn but my Pa did it for me image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,523

Can't mow mine till I clear the pots of treasures I'm trying to put together for planting in gaps in the borders.

Tomorrow will do though.  Set to get to 30C so more important to get babies in and watered well.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,833
    WillDB wrote (see)

Procrastination is becoming a theme for you, Dove image  ...

I keep practising - I'm getting quite good at it image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,970

I was going to go to the garden centre for a look around but instead I went to the recycling pound with some old books and then had lunch in  a local restaurant. Came home and watched the tv. Do I feel guilty? not a bit!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,523

Just cut ours too before the storm that's brewing hits us and I've oiled the newly sanded teak table again to keep that safe and I'm just about to go and give a bigger obelisk to clematis Omoshiro and plant some new geraniums - Eureka Blue - with some orange rudbeckias and next to a patch of red geums.  Getting colourful in my old age.

Not looking at the weeds in the pond bed.  Too depressing.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • I want to weedkiller spray the brambles but it is too windy.

Must weed the fruit cage but it is too wet.

Etc. ad nauseum.