Gardeners' World Live 2015

AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,410

Apologies if there's a thread elsewhere for this, but I couldn't find it image

Just wondered who else was planning to go, and for those who have visited, what your opinion was ?

Any hints as to what to look out for very welcome (we are planning to visit on Sunday). 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,410

Many thanks nutcutlet - as you can see there was a mixed opinion last year, so I'm hoping to get more feed back for this year before we "splash the cash" image 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,087

Your opinion is in there AnniD. That's probably the most important oneimage

Opinion will always be divided, peoples' expectations and desires are all different.

You could be right about my opinion  - although my husband might beg to differ !! image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,087

Take no notice of him Anniimage You're right

• Loved it!! Been today, however..............I must give a sticky plant warningimage It was carnage..sticky plants everywhere in peoples trollies. I only succumbed to one, but it was sticky seed syndrome that was the worst!! I had 23 packets. Where am I going to put them all in the greenhouse? It isn't big enough!!!!! Anyway, I really enjoyed the day, and the price of the sticky plants wasn't too bad-anything from £2 to £10, and all good specimens.

Hi Linda, glad you had a good time !

I know what you mean about the seeds - I have a large tin full of packets already, but it won't stop me thinking "ooh I must have that" & buying more image

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,720
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • John HardingJohn Harding Posts: 485

Went yesterday (Friday 12th) and enjoyed the day. Joe Swift's talk was amusing and informative - good balance: spent a few minutes talking to Matthew Biggs and learned the answers to non chemical treating of some gardening pests. All in all a good show but I spent more time than I'm ought to have done in the Good Food Show and spent more than OH was happy with!!!

The RHS Floral marquee was magnificent as usual with one particular stand I liked that was all grasses. would have taken some pics but despite putting my camera on charge overnight went to take 1st pic and a message popped up saying 'no battery power left!' - helps to ensure the mains switch is 'ON' when charging the battery!!!

Some interesting gardens outside the RHS marquee too.

Hi John,

Glad you enjoyed it  -I think we're going to wait & see what the weather's like tomorrow & decide at the  last minute . Saw the Floral marquee on GW last night - oh the temptation !! Friend of mine went on Thursday & said there seemed to be more room in there this year.