Good intentions ...

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,635

There's all sorts of things I think that I really must do ... and then I forget or something else takes priority ... e.g. I've been meaning to make a sort of a spreadsheet of all my clematis, with names and pruning regimes, where they're planted, flowering and feeding times etc, for easy reference all on one page ... but have I done it yet?  Have I 'eck??? image

What do you keep meaning to do ?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,870

Airate the lawn!!! Its been on every todo list right at the top and it seems to get overlooked each time! image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,430

I started just such a spreadsheet a few years ago and then realised I didn't have half the labels anymore, some have died in the face of severe winters, others have returned after 2 years of playing dead.   Gave up.

Did the same one year with sowings - what, when, germination date etc - but that's fine in March when it's still frozen outside and there's not a lot else to do but hopeless once spring arrives in a whoosh in April and there's no time for anything but weeding, feeding, pruning, lifting and dividing, potting on and so on.

No time in the evenings as I'm out dancing or running dance classes and on rainy days there's all that housework and other domestic projects.

Other than that, I have a mental list of all the things I need to do.  Daren't put it on paper as I'd frighten myself - and OH!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 877

I'm an ex engineer so have plenty of spreadsheets and plans including one which lists all the tasks I should do in the garden each month. But do I remember to check it? No - far too busy in the garden!

• Katherine WKatherine W Posts: 410

Mean to spread cardboard on the veg patch pats where the pumpkins and squashes are trailing, to keep the weeds down (can't hoe through the pumkins once they are really going... it becomes a sea of pumkins). But every year I am always astonished to go see the pupkins, and suddenly, overnight, they are all over the paths and it's too late for the cardboard. Hell, I will go and do it now, if it's not too late image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,088

One year I'll get round to removing all the goosegrass/cleavers/sticky willie/Galium aparine before it sets seed all over the garden againimage

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,430

But there's always that wee bit you miss which starts it off again or some kind bird which distributes seed.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,088

True obelixx. There's a strip just outside my garden where the farmer sprayed the grass dead and all the annual weeds moved inimage They sit there and the prevailing wind sends the seeds my way. 

It's improving though, he used to spray through the fence onto our garden till OH shouted at him 

• DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

Pressure wash the patio.  I will get round to it sooner or later I'm sure image

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

Label things, I am terrible! And put up better support for my climbing roses, i' m rubbish at jobs like that and rubbish at training things. Actually, keep meaning to kidnap Monty and make him help in my garden for a week!!

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,728

Plant out all those things I have in pots .....would save me hours of watering timeimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.