A boost to winter.....

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
Had a delivery today, my pre-ordered hellebore. Beautiful butter yellow with gold nectaries. I have quite a collection now of singles and doubles ranging from whites to greens, to pinks and onwards to the darker ones but this new arrival is the best yet. I have yellow varieties but this is the colour I have been waiting for so I'm excited. Another plug for mail order.....large plant full of flowers and buds. Beautifully packed and totally intact. I have a pulmonaria Blue Ensign just budding and this will be the blue blanket in front of the yellow hellebore. Expensive but I could not have got such a plant from my GC. Anybody else expecting an addition to their garden soon

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,455
    Love hellebores but only got a few so far, have plenty babies off my oldest plant.
  • Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Would love to see a photo when they're all at their best.  I've only got a few and have waited patiently for a few years for some babies ..... maybe this year I will be lucky image

Do you have any tips for helping babies along or just patience.?
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,244

I like the really dark ones though the lighter ones make more impact in the garden. And the ones with the dark rim and dark spots inside. 

Couldn't find a hellebore picture. Iris stylosa is out though. Might even remember what it's called now if I think about it.

Nice colour that though , lovely.

I like it. I like anything that flowers now. It's just under a window so I can see it without going out in the cold. Hellebores are coming along nicely, have to make sure I take so pics.

Found a hellebore. It's the native one H. foetidus

Very nice. I'd like to have a few more, my mum has a lovely pale pink white one , I have a dark one and pale yellow by pond can see from kitchen window, my larger pink purple one sin the front garden but thriving so daren't move it, I have seedlings from it so hoping they do well with my other two.

You get to a point when they come up like weeds. They seem to come fairly true to the parent but I do dump the dirty pinks.