What should I do now?

AnitapotsAnitapots Posts: 7

I've just bought a four- pot multi pack of sweet peas ( about five to each pot) and they are about 6 inches tall... I have an approx 15 inch and fairly deep pot that I'd like to plant them in with an obelisk for support. Do I need to separate each plantlet? I'm worried about disturbing their roots. How many plantlets could I put in this pot? And should I pinch them out? Many thanks for any suggestions. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,932

I wouldn't try and separate them . Just plant one potful at the base of each stick, and loosely tie on.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • bazabaza Posts: 633

I wouldn't seperate them either , pinch them out when they have 4 pairs of leaves to get a bushy effect

• AnitapotsAnitapots Posts: 7

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! 

• LandlubberLandlubber Posts: 396

Pinch out?image

• Landlubber: Pinching out is where you snip the stem (I use small scissors, for a clean cut), and like Baza said at about the fourth leaf bud. This encourages new strong shoots that will provide the plant with a better structure and provide more flowers, otherwise the plant will be leggy and can look a bit unsightly.

• AnitapotsAnitapots Posts: 7

Thanks Gladioligirl!!!