What are these bugs in the pond?

The pond water is no longer green and is very clear and can see lots of wildlife in there but what are these? 

Sorry the pics are rubbish, I can't seem to zoom into them enough without blurring but they are everywhere!!!!!! 

• darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    Daphnia?

Could be many things that just appear over time
  • PoddingtonPPoddingtonP Posts: 196

My pond is exactly the same. We built it in Feb, and went through the cloudy green stage that I am aware is normal in a new pond. Yesterday I noticed the same creatures as you and seems to have coincided with it going lovely and clear so i assumed they had somehtg to do with it. Although it may be that the reason I have only just noticed them is because it has cleared, not due to their presence image

I'm hoping they are going to be good food for my tadpoles which have still not turned into froglets.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,234

It might be a good idea not to fish stuff out of your pond, best left quiet, still and peaceful.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,414

I think the tadpoles will develop more quickly when the weather warms up image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh