Very curious

lynne24lynne24 Posts: 121
I have a yellow foxglove, but the top flower is open like a daisy, has anyone seen this before, thanks

• WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,630

Is it actually a Verbascum? 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Verbascum_nigrum_flowers_closeup.jpg

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,986

Yes, a verbascum.

A very nice oneimage

• lynne24lynne24 Posts: 121
    No 100% it's a foxglove, I'm posting this on my phone, not giving me the option to post pic

Sorry Lynn, my ID was for Will's pic. I should have been less hasty with my reading and noticed it wasn''t yoursimage.

There's a thread on here somewhere about fasciation, I'll see if I can find it. Foxgloves are very prone.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/fascinated-by-fasciation/388011.html

I put a foxglove on this thread last year, have a look 

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,912

There are of course yellow Foxgloves, and there are Foxgloves, where the flower tube is split into petals, so maybe that is it.

You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
    It's driving me mad nuthatch I can't post it, I just tried on my laptop and I'm just getting an error msg, I really wish you could see it lol
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,458

Looks like verbascum bananas and custard. Is there a photo of the whole plant?'

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

Well done Lynne

I think that's fasciation,

fidget, The verbascum isn't Lynne's, I made that mistake as wellimage