Impruneta terracotta I

Lottie14Lottie14 Posts: 7

I've just imported some Impruneta terracotta pots and wondered if anyone had any suggestions to age them? Has anyone ever tried painting them with a colour wash ?

thank you

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,008

dilute some live yoghurt with rain water , and paint it all over the outside.

It should encourage moss and lichens to grow.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

yes i'd say live yoghurt too but i wouldn't have diluted it, mind you if i did it with my present dog he would lick it all off as he loves live yoghurt image

• Lottie14Lottie14 Posts: 7

What proportion of yoghurt to water. There are six pots to do, each 90cm high with a diameter of 1m so it's going to take a lot of yoghurt image which is why I thought colour washing may be a possibility

Mine too Sanjy image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,219

add the live yogurt to some mild and leave a couple of days and you'll have more yogurt.

I'd not  colour wash.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,128

No, don't colourwash - stick to the yoghurt, paint them all over and leave them in a shady corner - preferably one where there's already some mossy growth.  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 175

Apparently if you put buttermilk, water and a handful of moss in a blender, then paint the mixture on the pots,  moss should grow fairly quickly.  Saw this recipe on pinterest the other day....haven't used it myself yet image

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Time will do it for you no matter what mixtures you use.  

• MMflowerMMflower Posts: 53

Hi Lottie14, on a side note, may I ask the website from where you've been able to get the Impruneta pots imported? Thanks! image

I'm a retailer and imported them direct MMflower.