East Anglian garden visting

nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,933

It's nearly June and we haven't got a planimage

Any ideas for places and dates?

I was looking at this one last night

http://www.gooderstonewatergardens.co.uk/

but I'm happy with anything

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,940

That's somewhere I've been meaning to go, but I've never been - I'm up for it image

and I'm pretty flexible datewise.

I'm also planning to take Wonky to East Ruston very soon - not sure quite when - she's never been there and I've never been there at this time of year.  We have to fit it around her work rota but when we have a date, anyone's very welcome to join us image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,632

That looks good Nut. I can do most dates except Mondays between now and September (doesn't have to be a weekend for me) - but had better keep 10th - 20th June free for visitors. Wouldn't mind a repeat visit to E Ruston either if the dates fit....

Were we thinking about trying to get to Beth Chatto's this summer after we were rained off last autumn? I think Busy Lizzie wanted to go there too and I believe she is visiting in July - perhaps we could make that fit? 

Summer's coming image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

I'm booked up 11/12th July, but otherwise I think I'm free image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Bumping up image

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,758

Turns out I'm on annual leave from the first of June!!! image I'm in!!!!! Work be blown! And I'll be getting paid to visit gardens!!!!! image now there's a job! image always available if needed!

Hurrah Wonky!!!

We'll fix a day next week for E Ruston shall we?  Think Panda might be up for it too ...

Topbird?  What about next week?  Wed or Thurs maybe?

For sure Dove! image if yor really lucky I'll show you round my garden too! image dont worry I don't have a list of jobs! image

Would be lovely if anyone else wanted to hook up for East Ruston too image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,632

I'd love to come Dove & Wonky but unfortunately I can't commit just now.

We have a painter coming to do the outside of the house 'very soon' (was hoping he would be here by now!) - but it is proving very difficult to pin him down to exact dates as it's all weather & other work dependent. Obviously I can't leave the house unoccupied if windows & doors are open.

Suggest you two arrange the best day to suit you & then, if I can make it, I'll tag along if that's ok. image

If I do come it's no problem to collect Wonky and / or Panda from Stowmarket station if it helps - but it will almost certainly be a last minute arrangement.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

OK Topbird - we'll play it by ear then image It would be great if you could come.  Wonky and I will fix a day and I'll text Panda and let you know too.

Wonky - we'll chat on the phone later today!  image

Sounds like a plan, fingers crossed it works for all that want a jolly day out!image